By: Trish Thompson
While the presentation itself was lack luster with a lot of talking, showing only a small amount of game play and (from what I hear) practically no new announcements, Square Enix has a lot of upcoming titles. This is what they showed:
Just Cause 3
- Xbox, PC, PS4, December 1st, 2015
- Main character gains new grapple hook tool, becomes like Spiderman, wing suit feature, huge arsenal, over 80 vehicles, open world gameplay.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- PS4, Xbox One, PC, Early 2016, can pre-order now
- Illuminati confirmed, they say it will be the best Action/RPG adventure ever, showed only a bit of gameplay in the trailer.
- PS4 exclusive, more information coming in Fall 2015
- Many big name directors and composers are involved in the making of this game, the trailer was basically a list of credits–showing off who will be working on the game.
Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Xbox One Exclusive
- Explore the Prophets Tomb, hyper realistic–pores on her skin, scratches, scars, snow accumulating on clothes, dirt, freckles, etc…Massive gameplay spaces, use the environment to your advantage against your enemies
Hitman GO and Hitman Sniper
- Available on Mobile
Lara Croft GO
- No date announced
- New mobile game turn-based that will be similar to Hitman GO
Dragon Quest Heroes
- Dragon Quest meets Dynasty Warriors
- Looks interesting
Kingdom Hearts X Unchained
- Looks like theathrythm art style
- Mobile app for iPhone/Android
Kingdom Hearts III
- Tangled coming to KH universe, pretty! Sora is back with Donald and Goofy, action commands are back with trinity moves using party members, fight the titans from Hercules, Key Blade guns! Summoning roller coasters, pirate ships, tea cups and Pegasus–they look like lit up like amusement park rides, new characters playing chess, telling the story of the Keyblade War, who are they?
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
- Will be released in Spring 2016
- Looks pretty, more information to come this winter
World of Final Fantasy
- PS4 and PS vita 2016
- Chibi style, two siblings embark on an adventure, join forces with familiar Final Fantasy characters
Hitman: Enter a World of Assassination
- December 8th, 2015
- A target can appear in the world for a limited time, you only have one chance to kill them. This is a feature that will be added, Sandbox/Open world–multiple ways to kill/subdue a target
Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness
- PS4, 2016
- Star Date 537 so will take place after Star Ocean 3, gameplay looks very pretty, real time battles, looks like Tales of Symphonia, 60 fps, Japan will get it first.
Tokyo RPG factory
- Newly established studio within Square Enix, Project Setsuna, completely new series
The things I was most excited to hear about was Kingdom Hearts III (finally), The FF7 remake and Rise of the Tomb Raider.